Alright. After fighting my regular war with feverish syndrome for last 3 days with the help of a blunt sword called crocin, at last I decided to find solace in a doctor’s cabin.
It’s been more than 3 and half years in Hyderabad and I have noticed that I have been falling sick very regularly since last few years. I wanted to know – why?
So apart from medical consultation and prescription, I received some interesting practical consultation from the doctor :)
- This repetitive fever has nothing to do with my immunity system. Fever is purely because of allergy!
- But allergy of what? Difficult to say. It can be environment, outside food, water and anything and everything around me (GRRRR... Can work be counted among that :))
- So after all, why it happens? Well it can be due to the place / weather around you. Sometimes change of place and weather is all that causes allergy.
- So what should I do to defeat allergy? Nothing. Either I have to get used to allergy or have to get used to getting repetitive fever.
- Any ultimate solution? Yes – leave the city!
- Any other solution which is not so dramatic? Yes – get married and have homemade food! (Now I can’t decide which solution is more dramatic among these two. Getting married may give me different type of fever – when I will look at credit card statement at the end of every month :-))
So how much I paid? Rs. 86 for medicine + Rs. 250 for consultation (their normal charge is Rs. 300 for first visit and Rs. 250 for subsequent visit. However, I am almost a “regular” visitor and hence, they charged me Rs. 250 even if I was visiting after 2 months).
Anyways, I am feeling better after taking medicines. It will take couple of days to feel “normal” again. However - at least as of now fever will be at bay till it strikes again.
© All rights reserved with Mihir Rawal. To re-print or re-use, prior permission is required from the author.